Thursday, July 7, 2011

Cliche and tacky?

I've always been bothered by the large lines of white space in between the pictures in this blog, but I was always too lax about it to resize, copy, and paste each photo into some sort of image editing document. But, since I was feeling extra experimental last night, I put some text on the photos I had never edited from my Botanical Gardens post and sized and fitted each photo into one gigantic picture. Stephie thinks that the text looks tacky on my pictures...hmm maybe so. Also, Courier New is cramping my style these days, but its the only available font that doesn't seem to look hideous or boring. I think a blog revamping is in order. I always use a simple white background color and gray text (in my many, many, many old blogs :P), maybe I should try something new? Eh...we'll see about that.  I also think the images are too large.

1 comment:

  1. nice pics. i wish i could go on these random trips with you.

    the font's fine. theres this big flickr movement back when i was still browsing around where people would just stick text in pictures so it's not completely tacky. depends on the pic i guess. and the phrase you're writing. i also think in terms of advertisements and cover art so text in pictures isnt weird for me.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover