Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thursday Portrait

Three days of pouring rain over here in good old New Jersey had me wishing for some sunny weather. Today I got exactly what I wished for...plus a wave of sweltering humidity. (I told you I was dramatic, right?) Whew! 
Since I've been wearing black in all my self-portraits so far, I decided that the weather called for some color. I chose this dress because it used to be my mom's when she was my age. She chose her own fabrics and sewed her own dresses to fit her perfectly, which makes me love this dress even more. (Love my artsy parents.) It's a 40-year-old dress so it has a bit of wear and tear on it, but I think it gives this dress some character. It makes me feel like I came straight out of an episode of Mad Men...

For the record -- I'm a few inches taller than my petite Mum and my torso is a bit longer, so the dress bunches at the stomach when I sit like that. I promise I'm not preggers!

:Cue epic Mad Men opening credit music:

My self-portrait challenge is coming to an end in two days! Until tomorrow, folks.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! What an awesome dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl you look frigging gorgeous in these shots. the humidity works for you hahaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. TIFFANY LU OMGGGG,

    teach me how to be beautiful and talented like youuuu. Seriously. You make me green with jealousy!! In a good way :). Let's catch up please...

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover