This self-portrait challenge is actually teaching me a lot -- I've already accumulated a handful of mental notes about what kinds of light I can shoot in. Typically, I'm a natural light kind of girl. I've always been drawn to that glowy, warm look of natural light. But for the sake of experimentation, I locked myself in a room, hit the off switch, and lit up a sparkler for today's self-portrait.
I'm one of those people that can't concentrate on anything else when I see fire. It's a fascinating weightless ball of energy emitting heat and bright light -- how is anyone NOT amazed by it?! I'm practically useless at birthday cake lighting and s'mores making because burning candles, bonfires, and lighters always have me hypnotized. :P All those little insignificant things that often bog my mind just melt away and I start thinking about the few things that actually matter in life, you know, the good stuff.
Blowing out the candle. Until tomorrow :)

the sparkles look cool!
ReplyDelete